Redesigning and remodelling your bathroom can understandably be a daunting and intimidating prospect, but deciding to lose the old vanity cabinets and unstable storage units is the first step towards creating a modern and practical bathroom space. At Bathshop321, we strive to make sure we provide you with the best items for the job, and to ensure your browsing experience is as helpful and convenient as possible we have arranged our bathroom furniture into some simple and easy to navigate categories.
Decide on a Layout for your Bathroom
You can’t figure out whether your furniture will fit until you know the correct measurements of your bathroom, this method is particularly effective as at Bathshop321, we provide accurate measurements to the millimetre. Planning the layout of your bathroom needn’t be difficult or require expensive interior design software; simply use a tape measure to measure the height and width of each wall in your bathroom, the size and position of the windows and door, and whether or not the door opens inwards. Next, use this simple, cost-effective method to see how each piece of furniture will fit into your bathroom.
- Use graph paper to lay out a basic sketch of the room; each large square will equal 1 metre (so each small square within will represent 10cm in length). Don’t worry about making the sketch too fancy; just remember to use a ruler so the walls appear straight as they would in your bathroom.
- Next, note the wall’s measurements on the outside of each corresponding wall on the graph; be sure to allow space for an inward-opening door (if appropriate), this will remind you which space in your bathroom is ‘spoken for’ and prevent any positioning problems.
- Be sure to note the positioning of current bathroom fixtures and plumbing; having an accurate sketch of the size of your bathroom is great, but it will give unrealistic results if bathtubs, shower enclosures, toilets, sinks and pipes are not accounted for in the sketch.
- Next, use the product specification and technical details sections on each of your desired bathroom furniture product pages to sketch templates representing each piece of furniture on a separate piece of graph paper. Use the same method as before, allowing each large square on the sketch paper to represent 1 metre.
- Label each piece you add with an appropriate name, and cut the pieces out.
- Now you can move each furniture template around your bathroom sketch, providing an accurate impression of how the furniture will fit in different areas of your bathroom.
* With pieces such as our bathroom tallboy, take the height of the units into consideration; bathrooms with low ceilings may require a shorter storage unit.
If you used the bathroom sketch technique above, it’s fair to say you have a good idea of how much free space you have to work with, so next it’s time to source some stylish pieces of furniture that are right for your bathroom.
If buying a matching furniture set to place around the bathroom is not the best option for you, and you are looking for a more condensed and space-conscious solution, consider adding one of our single units that offers ample storage whist making the most of previously unused space.
Both vanity and basin units offer a space saving combination of a generously sized storage unit at the base and a sleek basin at the top; taking pieces such as these into consideration will eliminate the need to take up extra space in your bathroom whilst still providing added benefit of our bathroom furniture range.
Alternatively, our selection of wall-mounted mirrored and standard cabinets supply an easy-access storage solution perfect for bathrooms of any size.
Finding the right Furniture for your Bathroom
Our selection of bathroom furniture serves a range of purposes; if you are looking to create a consistent, stylish theme whilst adding extra room for storage without compromising the free space in your bathroom, Bathshop321 stock a wide selection of contemporary bathroom furniture, crafted to meet your needs.
Creating a consistent colour scheme is easy; simply browse the generous selection of bathroom furniture that we have in stock and create a theme and set that is perfect for your bathroom. Although our range of bathroom furniture is segmented into various category pages, remember that all of our range is designed to complement and enhance any modern bathroom, so don’t be afraid to combine pieces from different categories to create a sensational finished product.
Consider Specifications and Installation
Some pieces in this bathroom furniture range come with a built in sink or toilet unit, so be sure to seek the aid of a qualified plumber when installation of these fixtures is required. It’s much better to source a professional who can carry out a safe and tidy installation when adding these items to your home.
Many of our items contain a built-in light or illuminated panel; it is recommended that only those with sufficient experience should carry out the electrical installation of these products. Be sure to seek help from a registered electrician if you are in any way unsure of how to install and wire up these products to your house’s electrical supply.
We’re here for you
At Bathshop321, we strive to provide helpful, accurate information to all of our visitors, but if there is an aspect of one of our products that you have a question about you can contact our expert in house team in a variety of ways. You can simply give us a call on 0844 8112 321 to talk to one of our friendly experts, click here to have one of our team contact you or use our live chat feature found at the bottom of our homepage to speak to the team online!
For a full list of contact details and answers to frequently asked questions, simply click here to head over to our contact page.