Ensuring your bathroom is designed to benefit the aesthetics of your home, but also provide a safe environment for your kids can prove quite tricky. With these useful tips, you’ll find creating a stylish yet child-friendly bathroom a little easier.
- The first and most obvious thing to consider is making sure that entry to your bathroom is restricted by applying a childproof cover to your door handle. Installing a toilet lock can also be a great precaution which doesn’t have to look unsightly if purchased in the same colour as your toilet seat.
- De-cluttering your bathroom will demonstrate a clean and stylish space as well as assuring that your appliances aren’t easily accessed by little hands. Keep all cosmetics and medications out of reach by locking them away in a cabinet or up high on a shelf. This is a way in which you can incorporate a chic element to your room by purchasing modern furniture which will provide safety as well as aesthetic pleasures.
- Consider material and design when it comes to choosing your ideal bathroom suite in order to purchase fixtures that will not prove harmful when fitted. Sleek, smooth and clean lined furniture will not only give your bathroom that contemporary feel, but also reduce the danger of children injuring themselves on any sharp corners.
- Lavish and modern flooring such as laminate wood or marble tiling doesn’t have to be avoided as the simple adoption of a non-slip rubber mat can prevent any accidents. Rubber guards can also be used to cover such things as bathtub taps to protect your child from bumping their head.
- Buying bold and vibrant coloured linen will be sure to inject personality into your bathroom as well as proving to be more beneficial than neutral tones when it comes to cleanliness. Accessories such as candles and incense are a well known risk in any bathroom, but there are fashionable alternatives on the market nowadays which are battery powered and designed to look just as attractive.
- On fitting your bathroom, bear in mind the location of any electrical outlets and make sure there is no risk of them coming in contact with water. Ground-fault circuit interrupters are devices that are extremely useful in ensuring safety for not just children, but the whole family.
- Finally, once you are satisfied with the level of safety in your newly designed bathroom, relax and take pleasure in yours and your children’s bath time. Remember that never leaving them unattended is a given, but also a privilege!