Spring looks like it has finally sprung in Britain, so now is the perfect time to get your home in order and have a thorough spring clean. You’ll be amazed how much grime and clutter can mount up over the winter months! It may seem like a daunting and soul-destroying task but, if you break it down into manageable chunks, you can get the job done in no time and relax knowing you can enjoy a clean and tidy bathroom just in time for Easter.
Get Rid Of Clutter
First things first, you need to open up every cupboard and drawer in the bathroom and be brutal in deciding what you actually need and what you are just hoarding. You might be surprised at how many empty bottles of toiletries you can find lurking in dark corners! Once you’ve thrown away or donated what you no longer need or want, you can organize what you have left in a more orderly fashion. If you still don’t have enough space, why not consider putting up a bathroom shelf? They’re perfect for storing everyday items within easy reach, such as make-up, toothbrushes etc.
Get Those Rubber Gloves Out!
Now all the clutter is out of the way, its time to don your marigolds and start scrubbing! Now a spring clean isn’t just a wipe down with a cloth and bleaching the toilet – you need to get into every nook and cranny.
What You’ll Need:
Rubber Gloves, Duster, Bleach, Limescale Remover, Disinfectant, Cloth/Sponge, Broom, Bucket Of Warm Water.
Comprehensive Cleaning Checklist
- Dust every surface, including ceiling and the corners of the room where a lot of dust can gather, as well as air vents and fans;
- Remove any window blinds and clean them according to their instructions;
- Wipe down your sanitaryware (basin, toilet), bath, counter-top surfaces and windowsills with disinfectant;
- Follow our bathroom cleaning hacks to removing limescale;
- Sweep and mop the floor;
- Clear out every cupboard and scrub thoroughly inside and out, getting into all the corners;
- Empty the rubbish bin;
- Add an air freshener and open a window to circulate fresh air.
Freshen Up Your Decor
Now you’ve finished your spring clean and your bathroom is spick and span, you can start taking a good look at your bathroom design and seeing up elements need to be updated. If you’ve been planning to update the look of your bathroom but haven’t got round to it yet, we recommend getting some inspiration from the big trends of 2017. There are so many different style options for furniture available today, whether you want to opt for traditional or modern designs! Here are just a run down of our favourite trends for this year that are easy to implement into your own bathroom design:
- Vintage style is a big trend right now, with items such as freestanding baths and intricately designed ceramics very much back in fashion.
- Plump for colours such as brown, beige and orange to add warmth to the room, in contrast to the stark, industrial blacks and greys that were popular in 2016.
- As it is a spring clean, why not add greenery into your bathroom? A few pot plants can add a splash of colour and life into your new bathroom design.
Bathshop321 also stocks a wide range of bathroom tiles in our showroom that are great for stamping your own personal style on your bathroom design. Just give our sales team a call on 0330 053 6040 to find out what ranges we have in stock, or drop into our showroom for a visit on Earl Road, Handforth, Cheshire, SK8 6PT.
Let There Be Light!
We stock a great range of bathroom lighting options that can help to really enhance the new design of your bathroom. Spring and summer is all about brightness, so having quality lighting is really important to bringing that sense of openness to your bathroom design. Whether you want to have a couple of spotlights or one central, extravagant chandelier, we’ve got the lighting solution for you to round of your bathroom spring clean of 2017.
Liked this guide? Make sure to take a look at our Guide To section for more great ideas and bathroom advice.